Neither candidate crossed the 50 % mark for an outright win on Might 14, triggering an unprecedented run-off vote.
The vote rely is underneath means in Turkey’s presidential election run-off.
A broadcast ban on asserting outcomes is anticipated to be lifted by 6:30pm (15:30 GMT) with outcomes more likely to emerge sooner than they did on Might 14 provided that voters have solely two choices to select from this time spherical.
The polls opened at 8am (05:00 GMT) on Sunday and closed at 5pm (14:00 GMT).
The outcomes can be proven under as quickly as they grow to be obtainable.
Map of outcomes:
First spherical outcomes
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan took 49.52 % of May 14’s vote, along with his principal challenger Kemal Kilicdaroglu getting 44.88 %.
A 3rd, nationalist, candidate, Sinan Ogan, took 5.17 % of the vote and went on to endorse Erdogan for the second spherical.
In line with Anadolu Company, 88.84 % of Turkey’s 64 million eligible voters solid their votes throughout the first spherical.
Hover over every province to see how every candidate carried out within the first spherical.
Erdogan vs Kilicdaroglu
Turkey’s ruling Individuals’s Alliance and opposition Nation Alliance differ in a number of key areas. Right here’s a breakdown of their insurance policies and guarantees:
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, 69
Adalet ve Kalkınma Partisi (Justice and Growth Social gathering, often known as AK Social gathering)
Individuals’s Alliance candidate
- The present president has had 20 years in energy, 9 of them as president and 11 as prime minister, from 2003 to 2014.
- He was mayor of Istanbul from 1994 to 1998.
- He’s now looking for a 3rd consecutive presidential time period.
- That is his most difficult election amid financial woes and earthquake injury.
Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu, 74
Cumhuriyet Halk Partesi (CHP or Republican Individuals’s Social gathering)
Nation Alliance candidate
- He has led the CHP for greater than a decade.
- Earlier than coming into politics, he was a finance ministry specialist and chaired the Social Insurance coverage Establishment for many of the Nineteen Nineties.
- He presided over a string of electoral defeats at CHP however is operating as a unity candidate for the six-party Nation Alliance with the backing of Turkey’s second-biggest opposition occasion, the pro-Kurdish HDP.
- He guarantees to convey Turkey again to a “sturdy parliamentary system”.